Delicious Green Bell Peppers Stir-fry

I had couple of big green bell peppers sitting in my fridge for a few days.  I wanted to make an interesting dish out of it so I can bring out its amazing flavour.  So I googled to see if I can find some inspiration...Sure enough I came across a very good blog site called cookingfromheart.com  This blogger has some amazing recipes including a capsicum stir-fry.  

Here is the recipe I followed to prepare some delicious green bell peppers.This is a very fast cooking recipe, so make sure you have all the ingredients ready by your side as you cook...

Ingredients:

Large green bell peppers - 2 chopped into 1/2 to 1 inch squares (4 cups)
Carom seeds (aka bishop's weed or ajwain or caraway) - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
Besan or chickpea flour 2 1/2 tbsp

In a wok or any seasoned pot heat a tbsp of oil.  Add 1 tsp of carom seeds.  After a couple of seconds add chopped green bell peppers add salt, Cook for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly.  Don't be tempted to add any water.  You don't want soggy green peppers.

After about 5 or 6 minutes add chickpea flour and cayenne pepper. Mix well and turn off heat if you have an electric burner but if you have a gas burner cook for 1 or 2 more minutes and turn off heat. Keep it covered until you serve.  This can be served with any flat bread like a tortilla or chapathi (unleavened flat bread) or even stuffed into a pita pocket bread.

Comments