Delicious & Decadent Brownies!

I was in the mood for making a treat. But of course I wanted it to be reasonably healthy and not overloaded with sugar.  I came across this blog https://goo.gl/kK9RtK and found this recipe for decadent and at the same time healthy brownies.  I thought of giving it a try and yes they turned out really good...But I didn't have a key ingredient (chocolate chips) required for the recipe. So I had to make a slight modification and it still turned out good.  I followed the recipe as shown on Katie's blog site. All I changed was the amount of cocoa powder. Instead of 10g of cocoa powder I added 85g.  For the sweetener I added 1/2 cup of maple syrup.



Here is the recipe which I followed:

In a food processor combine these ingredients:

Black beans cooked - 250g (you can use drained and rinsed 15oz canned beans)
Cocoa powder - 85g
Oats (you can use either steel cut oats or quick oats) - 1/2 cup
salt - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp

Maple syrup - 1/2 cup
Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
vanilla extract - 2 tsp

Dark chocolate bar chopped into pieces or chocolate chips - 40g

Combine all of the ingredients mentioned above except the chocolate bar or chocolate chips in a food processor.  Grind to a smooth paste.  Now add the chocolate chips or chopped pieces of the dark chocolate bar.  Pour this into a greased corningware or baking dish that is around 6"X6".  Flatten gently with a spatula or apply some coconut oil on your hand and gently flatten the brownie batter.  Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.  Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Now cut into desired sizes and serve.



Comments