My favourite Thumbprint Cookies

I had to update this really great recipe I had shared a long time ago.  Today I made the same recipe by substituting 1 cup of walnuts for a cup of pecans and it turned out awesome!! Again here is my most favourite recipe for Thumbprint cookies...




This is one of the healthiest and easiest thumbprint cookie recipes to whip up...It only requires a few basic ingredients.  I should credit wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes where I found it... The only difference in my recipe is the type of wheat flour which I've used.  I usually use the wheat flour called Durum wheat flour which is usually found at any Indian store.  I usually stock up on this flour to make flat breads like chapathis and parathas.  But I also use this flour for making cookies.  You may use any whole wheat flour you may have in your pantry.

The Ingredients required for this recipe:

Pecans or walnuts (I prefer walnuts) - 1 cup
Oats - 1 cup
whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Canola oil - 1/2 cup
Maple syrup (you may use any sweet syrup you have in your pantry) - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Any of your favourite jellies or marmalade - 5 tbsp

Preheat oven to 350 F. 

In a food processor combine pecans and oats.  Pulse until coarsely ground and blended well.  Transfer this into a large bowl and add flour, oil, syrup and salt. Mix well.

Make walnut sized balls and place them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.  Make an indentation with your thumb on each cookie.  Put about a tsp of your favourite jelly or marmalade into the indentation.  Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove the cookies from oven.  Let it cool.  Now the cookies are ready to eat.

Comments