My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I have tried different recipes making chocolate chip cookies.  But I couldn't get the chewy texture I have been looking for...I actually stumbled upon this recipe on allrecipes.com I did tweak it slightly by using different type of ingredients.  Here is the recipe I wish to share...This is a decent recipe but I wish it had turned out more chewy.  Until I hit upon the right recipe I would use this recipe which is very simple and you can make these cookies in a jiffy.  Before I type the recipe I have a few notes about the ingredients.

In order to melt the butter use a double boiler. Here is how you do it.  Scoop out 1/2 a cup of butter. Put the container filled with butter in a bigger pot of simmering or boiling water.  Within a minute or so the butter will melt.  Immediately remove the container out of the boiling water. Now your melted butter is ready to use.

For the sugar in this recipe I have used half a cup of brown sugar and 1/2 a cup of unrefined mineral sugar. You can use any sugar you have with you.

For the flour in this recipe I used whole wheat flour which I buy from the Indian store. I use this flour to make chapathis (whole wheat flat bread). It is perfect for making cookies as well.  You may use any all purpose flour you may have in your pantry.



Ingredients:

Melted butter 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla extract or essence - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Wheat flour - 1 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips or bits of chocolate - 1 cup
Walnuts chopped into small bits - 1/2 cup





Method:

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl put melted butter and sugar. Using a whisk mix well or beat the sugar and butter. To this add 1 egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Add baking soda and salt and mix well. To this add wheat flour, chocolate bits and chopped walnuts. Mix well. Now the cookie dough is ready to use. Spread parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking tray or pan.

Transfer the cookie dough onto a wooden board or a chopping board. Roll the dough to the thickness you like and cut into round shapes with a cookie cutter. Transfer the cookies onto the baking tray.
Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the tray and set it outside the oven to cool. This should take about 1/2 hour. Now the cookies are ready to eat. I have enjoyed making these and I hope you do too...

Comments