Warm & Spicy Ginger Tea

I have been making ginger tea for quite a while.  At first I was inspired to make it after I watched chef Shahir Masood made it on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).  Later on I made some minor changes to the recipe.  Now here is my revised recipe....This is a great drink if you suffer from chronic cough or bronchitis.

Bring to boil 900ml  of water.














Add 1/2 cup of chopped ginger,














Add 9 tsp (3 tbsp) of honey (1tsp equals 5ml).














let it boil covered on medium low heat for about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and
Pour the hot liquid through a filter into 3 large sized mugs.














Squeeze 2 tsp of lemon juice in each mug and Garnish with a slice of lemon and enjoy this warm and spicy ginger tea.


















Comments