What to drink after a run, jog or any workout...

I often think about what to drink or eat after a workout or a run.  After a good work out or a run you need to replenish the body with calcium, sodium and potassium.  

Coconut water is a good option.  I have been making this electrolyte drink which has been helping me.  Take 2 cups of cold water in a jar or or large glass. Add 4 tsp of honey, 1/4 tsp of salt and 4 tsp of lemon juice. Mix it well and drink it up...

I also enjoy chocolate milk after a run or a protein drink like the one posted below...

Blend together 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water, one scoop of protein powder (I use whey powder), 1 banana and 6 or 7 strawberries and pour this into a tall glass or a glass jar and enjoy it.  This is so simple and easy to make.

If you don't have bananas or strawberries simply add your favourite fruits or berries and enjoy...Sometimes I even add cranberries or cherries, or strawberries & cherries instead of bananas and strawberries...

Comments